November 14, 2011

Botanical Print DIY

Design Sponge
   
It's no secret, I like house plants.  I almost have them in every room of my house.  Well, now it's time to add some foliage to the wall.  I was inspired by these images of over scale botanical prints.  I love large art.  I think it is stately.  I have a spot in my living room above my side chair that needs a large piece of art to complete the vignette of the space.  I tend to stick with original art, but I am stepping out of my boundaries and going with a print.  We will see. 


Design Sponge







Pinterest keyword Botanical Print

Habitually Chic - Thomas O'Brien Design



Since I am on a budget (ugly word) I stayed away from the large scale pre- framed prints at stores like Z Gallery, Aaron Brothers, ect.  I found the above pumpkin print here.  Trust me friends, I did my homework and they are by far the cheapest for botanical prints. I love the large green leaves in the print. I purchased a  24 by 36 inch print.  I picked up an Ikea Ribba frame in dark wood and viola! The print was 13.99 and the frame was 24.  I think that is pretty good for large scale art!  I will share pictures as soon as the print arrives. 

Ikea Ribba frame

Here's to a great Monday!
Heather

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, what a great source for botanical prints. I can't wait to see it framed and in your lovely home, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! These are stunning -- I'm also a big admirer and really like the one you chose -- along with the black frame. Thanks for the resource and Looking forward to seeing how it looks above your chair.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Ikea frames! They are the best! Can't wait to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great print, the Ikea frames always work well for me too...Thanks for sharing the print sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am psyched to see how this turns out! I really love an oversized botanical and I'm sure yours is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This print is one of the prints that will go into our nursery, thanks to this post!:) I love botonical prints!! By the way, I haven't ordered yet, but wanted to see if you recieved yours and if so did you like the quality?

    ReplyDelete