September 27, 2011

Where I Blog


I received a comment from a fellow blogger reguarding one of my "Meet & Greet" posts, saying she thought it was fun to see where everyone blogs.  She asked where I blog?  I thought I would share a few pictures of our upstairs loft area that we turned into a home office.  It was an empty space when we moved in.  We threw around the idea of a window seat, but there aren't many days where I have time to stop and sit with a cup of tea and stare out the window, so instead we decided to make it the hub of the house and I am thrilled with the decision because it gets a ton of use.  There are a few things I would like to change, like the hardware and lamp shade, but besides that I am happy with the results.


We chose a ebony stain for the desk top instead of white to add a bit of contrast.  I love the small dings, dents, and scratches that are showing on the wood.





I found this antique light pendant at a vintage store for 8 bucks.  With a bit of spray paint and Windex it turned out pretty well.  I like the etching in the glass.


The director chair was a recent purchase.  I love the look and never knew how comfortable they are!


Don't judge in on the fact that I have a book by Tori Spelling.  I grew up watching 90210.




Hope you enjoyed the tour of where I blog.  If any of you are interested in being featured in "Meet & Greet" I would love to here from you!

xo,
Heather

5 comments:

  1. Now I'll expose my embarrassing love for 90210, too: is the Tori Spelling book any good? I've always wanted to know!

    On a design-related note: this space is GORGEOUS! Love the warm tones, as well as the accents of black. Very, very pretty, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never missed an episode of 90210! Your space is perfect! It is good to know that director's chairs are comfortable because i have always loved the look. Gotta love a thrift store light & spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Girl! You need to show more pictures of your house. This space is amazing!! Lucky, lucky you to get to blog here. Love the little lantern. And the bookcase styling is perfect.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all her books! She's a great writer! I also noticed a nicholas sparks book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blogging desk! It made me think of the window in my daughters room and how I could create this same look around it.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete