June 15, 2011

Self Portrait's

via


I have always appreciated self portrait's.  I love how it captures someone in time. I love how simple a portrait is, yet conveys such a statement. I like to guess what era the portrait was painted by how the hair and clothes where styled.  I have run across many portraits in antique stores and even GoodWill, but have never taken one home. These next pictures have inspired me to pick up the next portrait I come across.


via



via



via





I have this portrait of Vincent Van Gogh, titled Self Portrait in my kitchen.  Can you spot it in the picture below?


My Kitchen


Can you spot the self portrait in My Many Moments header?

XO,
Heather

3 comments:

  1. The second image is my favorite--the portrait, wallpaper, lamp...it's all too good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few portraits of native american people if you want them? :) THey are just sitting around collecting dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Van Gogh looks good on your wall, I have to say!

    ReplyDelete