January 18, 2011

What do You Collect?

Collections (n): A set of objects gathered together for interest,personal value or beauty.


I have realized that in my home I have an assortment of collections in my home and not all are gathered together. I noticed that I have a lot of ....



* Blue & White pottery

*Mercury glass

*Decorative bowls

*Orchids

*Vintage books

*Grouping of artwork

* Terra cotta pots



It made me wonder when I started collecting these objects and was I aware I was starting a collection? What about these things made us choose them, or do "they" choose us? It's not like I intentionally was in search for these things like baseball cards and such, they just inspired me. I think what you collect says a lot about you. After examining what I collect I could make the assumption that I am pretty traditional and timeless, with an appreciation for old objects? That is pretty spot on. Here are some photos of other peoples collections. I love all the different ways they chose to display them.










This last picture is from PureStyleHome, one of my favorite blogs! I love the way Lauren grouped her favorite glass pieces.



I guess what is important is filling your home with objects that you love. If you love it, no matter what it is, it will never go out of style.



I would love to know what you collect?


xoxo,

Heather











1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful collection of pictures too! You've got me thinking now about what it is I collect. Lamps and chairs seem to be my thing, but unfortunately, those don't tend to look good when they are grouped together.

    ReplyDelete